Monday, January 05, 2009

Shouldn't that be a cat...or maybe a gerbil?

(click ad for closer look)
It's not the the most disgusting condom/lube ad I've ever seen (that would be this one), but it is the most confusing. The product is Control Adapta condoms with extra lube. Maybe in Spain where this ad supposedly ran, "conejo" (rabbit) is a euphemism for vagina? Anybody? (update: the all-knowing urban dictionary has a conejo/vagina reference.) Anyway, the visual here instantly reminds me of this legendary white-trash t-shirt. Previously in condom ads, lube ads. (image via) update 2: first post of 2009, and I'm 100% wrong. Apologies Euro RSCG in Madrid. Still, it's certainly not an original visual.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe in Spain where this ad supposedly ran, "conejo" (rabbit) is a euphemism for vagina?
------
exactly right

10:28 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

beaver. it should be beaver, duh.

12:43 PM  
Blogger copyranter said...

Yes, a beaver would have been good...though without seeing a tail, it'd probably be hard to distinguish that the bottled animal was in fact a beav.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

I think it's because rabbits like to screw. You know, "Goin' at it like rabbits". I guess they want you to unleash your bottled up desire to f*ck everything in sight.

P.S. "fuctin" was what I had type for word verification. How appropriate.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jenni B said...

Uno conéjo in Chicano slang refers to an exceptionally virile man: e.g. "¡Mira no mas! You guys are having another one? ¡Pinche conéjo! Naw, man, just kidding. Felicidades, güey."

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of those rabbits that were used for old pregnancy tests, as in "the rabbit died".

Instead, you can keep him contained?

chesti was my word verification.
Geezus, I even have tape over my webcamera.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home