Monday, May 21, 2007

(DON'T) take me to The River.


The River, a church in the Village on Sullivan St., says they want me to "live life in all its fullness," to experience "genuine encounters with God. Because at the cross, God chose to get tangled up in the story of Humanity so that we can get tangled up in the story of God."
Senior pastor Charles Park "says he "most identifies with Forrest Gump. Life is like a box of chocolates."
That's all fine and dandy.
What's not OK is to shove the bleak emptiness of my secular life into my face via smug cutesy subway advertising. "What was that all about?," you ask? Sorry, I can't answer that question because I didn't hear the question because according to the logical progression illustrated up there in your poster, I'm fucking DEAD. Go deeper? Yeah, I'll go deeper. Deeper into an abysmal crevice of crushing depression. Thanks much, you tangled up twatheads.
—tip from New York Punk.
previously in sanctimoniousness:
1. Playing with God's balls.
2. eHarmony vs. True.com
3. Donny Deutsch's "Ten Tenets of a Media Mogul."

4 Comments:

Blogger Mervyn said...

I always thought death was like a giant turd.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go easy on my guy Charles Park, please Copyranter. He's just pointing out that your bleak, vodka fueled secular abysmal crevice of crushing depression can be a little less bleak. And thanks for spreading the word.

And hey, I saw what you did last night, you twisted and tangled up SOB.

11:54 AM  
Blogger New York Punk said...

hehe

1:21 PM  
Blogger ricpic said...

When you die you've got wood? permanently? goody.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home