Friday, July 28, 2006

Playing with God's balls.


(the inscription, Psalm 31:4, reads: "Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.")
Isn't a round of Golf heaven? Well, now you can skip church and play on Sunday without the crushing Catholic guilt. Tee it high, and let it fly Lord-ward with Gospel Golf Balls (link. click on gospel golf in menu.) After sinking that 20-footer for quadruple bogey, you can pound your chest and point to the clouds with real love. And if you happen to slice one of God's balls into the woods and lose it, it's O-K. You'll be helping to spread the Word.(found in Newsweek)

previously:
Irrefutable Evidence that GOLF Is Not A Sport.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Jesus and Moses are playing golf...stop me if you've heard this one before...

I like the last part, CR. It reminds me of all those athletes who pause and dramatically point to the sky after every touchdown or strikeout or homer, but somehow forget to do so after they throw an interception, or pop out, or give up a grand slam...fucking hypocrites.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually though, at the end of future pitches, I might start chest thumping and point to the ceiling.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home